The Gifting Process
- The first phase of car wrapping involves taking car measurements and doing inspections on the car. This is the consultation phase where the wrap details and options or possibilities are discussed. You can give details of your desired design or have the professionals advise you on what is best for your car. It is also during this phase that it will be decided whether the car is good enough for a full wrap or whether it will do better with a partial wrap.
- The second stage is the design phase, where the professionals get down to work on the wrap for an attention-grabbing solution for your car. You will, in most cases, be called to approve the design before it goes to the next step.
- Next is the production phase, which is basically all about printing the graphics on the vinyl. Lamination is also done to keep the vinyl well protected from abrasions and elements such as UV rays that can make the graphics fade faster.
- Finally, your vinyl will be applied to the vehicle by the experts who ensure everything goes to the right areas. The wrong placement of the wrap can end up making it look unprofessional, which is why it is important to hire experts to handle the wrapping project for you.
Caring for your wrap
Even though most high-quality car wraps can last for years, serving your needs effectively, the care accorded to the wrap will greatly determine how long it lasts. It is important to remember that repainted cars or those that are not in good condition can end up making the car paint peel when the vinyl is removed.
- After having the wrap installed, it is advisable to wait at least a week or two before washing the car. When you finally wash, it’s best to wash by hand as compared to using high-pressure washers that can affect the quality or hold of the wrap.
- To keep window graphics intact, you should make it a point to use a rear window defroster instead of an ice scraper since it can damage the vinyl and the print.
- When cleaning the exterior, avoid using harsh chemicals and washing items that could end up damaging the wrap.
- Try as much as possible to keep your vehicle sheltered under a shade when not in use to offer protection against harmful UV rays.
- Apart from finding professionals to handle your car wraps, you should also ensure that you take good care of the wraps. The combination will offer you great quality and durability.